Lung surgery is the variety of procedures for the diagnosis or treatment of diseases of the lungs. Such a procedure is a biopsy where a small amount of tissue removed from the lungs to the diagnosis. Another type is when the partial resection of the lung is removed, while other forms of lung surgery that reduce the volume of your lungs, causing cancer tumors that have appeared or simply to increase his lung function.
Each lung surgery is performed, which depend on the underlying disease or condition and other factors.
We now see the type of lung surgery can be done.
1. Pneumonectomy. This is usually in the lungs or sometimes just to remove one or more lobes (part of the lungs with lung tissue, air sacs, ducts and respiratory bronchioles). It is often used when certain types and stages of lung cancer was diagnosed.
2. Thoracotomy. A cut in the chest wall by the surgeon and type of operation is made used to diagnose a different way, what the problem with one of the lungs when other methods fail to provide a sufficient information available.
3. Lobectomy. Types of lung cancer is surgery when surgeons remove a lobe of a lung. It is typically used for patients with lung cancer and may also from people suffering from cystic fibrosis, which all other forms of treatment can not be used suffer.
4. Segmental or wedge section. A segmental resection is often done to remove a portion of the lung (especially if they want to remove the tumor). While a wedge resection is an operation performed to remove his name partly wedge of lung tissue.
5. Volume Reduction Surgery. This is a much newer type of lung surgery and help to relieve shortness of breath and exercise increased tolerance of the people. Type of surgery is especially good for people suffering from chronic obstructive lung diseases such as emphysema.
There are other operations, and this needs improving, say, a biopsy is less invasive and thus make the operation more efficient.The video-assisted lobectomy.
There are some risks that are inherent with not only lung surgery but any major surgery with general anesthesia and involved, this reaction to anesthesia or medications, bleeding, infection and restore breathing problems. Lung operation also has the additional risk of patients have pneumonia or blood clots.
is carried out results from any lung surgery depends on many factors and depend on the severity of the illness of a person.However, in general the benefits of the operation was good.People who already have thoracotomy with a definitive diagnosis in 90% of all cases made available while the volume reduction surgery has been shown to alleviate some symptoms and improve quality of life in some patients with severe emphysema.
The death rate for those lung surgery as the method of a more complete lobectomy and pneumonectomy for only a segmental resection in which the person must undergo to increase the lowest rate of any move