Hello all. It’s me, Danielle Fallon-O’Leary, your host of the Strongsville Daily — here to impart everything you need to know about what’s happening in our community today.Keep scrolling for the scoop.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 85 Low: 63.
Here are the top three stories in Strongsville today:
- A Strongsville Police Department supervisor is currently facing charges after driving impairment and allegedly lying about it. Sergeant Derek Apo has been suspended from the department pending an investigation into the possible cover-up. The incident involves Apo allegedly running his truck into a pole and trying to cover it up by saying that his wife was actually the one driving. (WJW FOX 8 News Cleveland)
- Is the current housing market making you feel a little overwhelmed? Patch and Redfin.com have teamed up to create a helpful list of the latest Strongsville properties that have hit the market. Click to view the full list that includes prices, photos, and property dimensions. (Strongsville Patch)
- The final environmental testing for the proposed site of the Cuyahoga County jail is currently underway. The testing involves soil and water sampling to search for toxins such as methane. The final results will be presented to the County Council next month. (Cleveland.com)
From our sponsor:
Are you a Strongsville resident looking for an investment alternative to the stock market?
Bloomberg recently asked experts where they’d invest $100,000 right now, and many of them had the same answer: fine art.
Thinking you can’t afford a Picasso? Well in 2012, Congress passed the JOBS Act, which allowed for the securitization of artwork. A company called Masterworks.io built the largest platform for buying and selling art securities. In the past, you could only buy shares of companies like Apple, but with this investing app, you can unlock this powerful investment.
Meaning, you can invest in shares of million-dollar artwork. And in uncertain times, it turns out, fine art may be a wise investment. Here’s why:
- Low correlation to stocks according to Citi
- Contemporary art historically returns 23.2% when inflation is >3%
- Contemporary art prices outpaced the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
To learn more, visit Masterworks.io, where Strongsville Daily readers can skip the waitlist.
See important Reg A Disclosures
Today in Strongsville:
- Shred Day At the Ehrnfelt Recreation Center Parking Lot (9:00 AM)
- Great Big Yard Sale At The Strongsville Historic Village Lawn (9:00 AM)
From my notebook:
- The Strongsville Police Department is reminding the community that crime prevention requires everyone to participate. Please lock your car doors. The chance of theft increases when you forget to lock your car doors. Don’t be an easy target. (Strongsville Police Department via Facebook)
- The Strongsville Police Department shares photos of its Safety Towners. Click to view the adorable photos. (Strongsville Police Department via Facebook)
- The City of Strongsville is reminding the community that fireworks are STILL illegal in Strongsville. Despite the new state law allowing non-professionals to use consumer-grade fireworks, they are still illegal within the city borders. (City of Strongsville)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Thanks for following along and staying informed. See you all tomorrow for another update!
— Danielle Fallon-O’Leary
About me: Danielle Fallon-O’Leary is a senior writer with content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and assists Patch.com with community newsletter curation. Danielle also holds a Master’s Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders and works part-time as a pediatric speech therapist.